Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Reflect on the Light Within



Reflections

The Holiday season is coming with its sparkly lights and glow and feathery celebrations to keep us going in the darkness of earth's winter. Soon, the solstice will be upon us and the light outside will gently redirect. It's a great time now, to  get in touch with the light aka the prana that flows within us . . . 

"By samyama (deep meditation) on the Light within, knowledge of the subtle, hidden and remote is obtained." - Satchidananda, Sutra 3.26 This esoteric teaching challenges yogis to tap into their energy bodies and experience the illuminated quality of the mind. 

Meditation

A practice for this concept is to sit in meditation and view light moving through the top of the head to the heart center as you inhale and exhale. Then maintain the feeling of the lifeforce/light within you. It's tricky. Set your timer for at least 15 minutes. "Do it; Try it. Nice things will happen." - Satchidananda 

When I work with this samyama practice, I have found some tearful revelations. A little sweet voice inside whispers . . . you are so much greater than you feel. Here's an ode to sensing messages post samyama—

Stargaze Sunrays

I am a star,
I am a gentle feather
that guides you.

I am a dove,
I am a soft cloud
that softens you.

I am a bright spirit,
I am a sun ray
that holds you.

I am a voice,
I am a heart 
that melts you. 

I am a touch,
I am a song
that soothes you.

I am a healer,
I am a luminary
that blankets you.




No comments:

Post a Comment