Sunday, April 15, 2018

Just Enough



This poem I wrote while taking an amazing Ayurvedic cooking class. Much of what I retained, was to slow down- when I think I know what my body needs, when I choose produce, when I cook and when I eat. I was reminded to use natural, seasonal and local products. And also to explore many fun spices and herbs from outside my region.

Ayurveda is the sister to yoga. I find it fascinating and intriguing. I love how it explains that we are born with constitutions that relate to the seasons and how what we eat is aligned or misaligned in our bodies. There are so many facets to what I learned.

Here are a few: Food can be healing. Don't overdo. Uncomplicate. The products you use on the outside of your body and in your home matter too. Sometimes you really need over the counter medicine. Use your taste as a guide. Understand what the season gives you. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment