Thursday, October 26, 2017

ACS Hillingdon

If my mind and body is in the US, certainly my heart is in London, specifically outside of it, at an amazing school named ACS Hillingdon. Here's a watercolor tribute to it.



I specifically went with a Halloween palette, which for me, was more dominated by yellows and purples and accidents in between (I know all you Shreks and Gremlins and Goblins are wondering about green that's definitely an accident of yellow and purple).



I went to ACS Hillingdon from the time I was 7 until I was 17. Although both my parents are American, I learned English there from expats. Even though I was in England for my formative years, I never quite picked up an English accent. But I love England like its my home and while I'm here, in America, I celebrate the Halloween I never really had growing up. At times, I feel homesick and at other times, I feel like America is my home. Home? What a strange and funny word that is to me. I suppose home is "where you lay your hat" and "it's not where you are from, it's where you are at!"

So Long, a bientot and bloody well Cheerio . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment